How many of you still have Xmas parties this week? Then New Years is just around the corner. Yep silly season is definitely here! Here are some tips to surviving the next couple of weeks.
- Some of us may notice that with the increase in unhealthy food and drinks, we start to feel sluggish and unable to perform at our best during workouts. Here’s a tip for you to keep feeling and functioning well, while still enjoying social events. Before going out, have a small healthy meal/snack including salad/veg/fruit. That way you won’t want as much when you’re out and you’re still getting some good nutrition in. We can still eat well and enjoy ourselves too!
2. Avoid going too hard with the drinks
- Eat before/during drinking
- Drink water in between alcoholic drinks
- Use soda water as a mixer to avoid the calories stacking up
We can still have fun but let’s avoid the hangovers and post party guilt.
3. Hands up if you usually overeat at Xmas and end up feeling ill (and guilty)! There will most likely be lots of yummy foods, some healthy and some not. While I am giving you all the go ahead to eat whatever foods you like on Xmas day, try to keep the amount you eat in check by choosing smaller portions of food and resisting the temptation for seconds. With that being said, no matter how big or small your circle is, spend time with your family and friends this Xmas and New Year period. The gift of time with each other is more valuable than gifts, especially after the year we’ve all had.
if anyone wants to book a free nutrition intro to start the new year off right, go to https://crossfitlonghaul.as.me/nutritionintro
Merry Xmas everyone and I hope you all have a happy and healthy start to 2021!